Terms of Service
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on The CI Group LTD's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on The CI Group LTD's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by The CI Group LTD at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on The CI Group LTD's web site are provided "as is". The CI Group LTD makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, The CI Group LTD does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall The CI Group LTD or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on The CI Group LTD's Internet site, even if The CI Group LTD or a The CI Group LTD authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on The CI Group LTD's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The CI Group LTD does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. The CI Group LTD may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. The CI Group LTD does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
The CI Group LTD has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by The CI Group LTD of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
The CI group Ltd acts in the capacity of the data controller and will treat all your personal information as private and confidential, even when you are no longer a customer in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and subsequent legislation.
Our contact details for data protection purposes are;
The CI Group Limited
4 Brindley Road
Tel: 0370 8300 380
Fax: 0370 8300 381
In the interests of security and to improve our service, telephone calls you make to us may be monitored.
We will use and disclose the information we have about you in the normal course of arranging and administering your insurances in order to meet our contractual obligations to you, which may include: (i) where we are required to do so by law; (ii) by virtue of our regulatory requirements and (iii) passing information about you to credit reference agencies; insurance companies and/or our agents for the purposes of arranging payments by instalments and may also pass to them details of your payment record with us.
Insurers may also use the information you supply to obtain credit and other checks that they need to take from Credit Reference Agencies or similar sources which may show as an entry on your credit record. This may happen at quotation stage even if you do not proceed with a policy.
Should you not wish us to use or process your data in this way, we may not be able to arrange or administer your insurances in order to meet our contractual obligations to you
Email is not a completely secure means of transmission of data or documents, so by providing your email address to us you are giving your informed consent to us using this method to contact you and to send you your policy documents. If you would prefer us not to use this method of contact, please contact us.
Provision of personal data is obligatory for us to meet these contractual obligations to you and will be held until such time as you request it is removed.
At renewal, we shall assume the personal and any special categories of data we hold about you is correct, and will ask you to confirm this. We will then use this to provide quotations when policies fall due for review/renewal. If this is not the case and the data has changed in any way, please let us know.
You have the following rights: request access to data relating to you, the rectification or erasure of data held about you (subject to other conditions), the right to request copies of your data held by us and the right to object to our use of your data.
We will not transfer any data that we hold about you outside of the European Economic Area, member countries of which apply the same level of protection to data held there as in the United Kingdom.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. You also have the right to complain to the Supervisory Authority (ICO at ico.org.uk) about our data processing activities.
Except as set out in this document, we will not otherwise disclose any information to any other parties without your written consent.